My Blog List

Friday, March 29, 2013

Italy Today with Dante on the Radio!

Italy Today with Dante on the Radio!

Newish media meets relatively ancient media!

I was recently interviewed for a segment dedicated to the historical precedents for Benedict XVI's resignation of the Papacy (Celestine V) and of Bergoglio's choice of the name Francis for his Papal name. As my readers' know, these are subjects of great interest to me (and to Dante). This show will air on KGOU (Oklahoma's NPR affiliate at the University of Oklahoma) on Good Friday 4:30 and 6:30 CST. I link below to a transcript of my interview and to KGOU's home page where you can stream the show live or after it airs. The award winning show is called World Views, and it is hosted by Dr. Suzette Grillot, the Dean of the College of International Studies, and it is well worth a listen every week.


The link to the World Views page.
http://www.kgou.org/programs/world-views

The link to a transcript of my interview.
http://www.kgou.org/post/pope-emeritus-benedicts-lessons-700-years-ago

Happy Easter everybody.  Let's remember, this is the exact time in 1300 that Dante took his little trip through Hell, Purgatory, and Heaven. Remember that when you feel like Easter dinner has gone on too long.


No comments:

Post a Comment